Thursday, December 13, 2007

Just a little tangent.....

Sex, Politics & Religion. The three inappropriate conversations to have with my clients at the salon. At least that is what I was taught in school. But come on, people! These are some of the juiciest, most interesting conversations you can have! And the fact is, most people want to talk about them... especially to their hair dresser! You can always tell when someone in the salon is talking about one of these hot topics because they are whispering in the corner. That is, unless you are in the majority of the population of Utah County. Then it is totally fine to talk openly about church, conservatism (and avoid the sex). This cracks me up but whatever that is a whole other tangent in itself. I realize that the main purpose for this rule is to not offend other customers who might be sitting close enough to eaves drop on someone else's conversation :) But I don't like the rule, and i'm going to continue to break it. So, don't be surprised if you come to get a hair cut, and I ask you what you thought of the latest Michael Moore film.

3 comments:

Miss Megan said...

That's why you're my hairdresser!

Englishfam said...

Thanks for the fun chat on wednesday! I am glad you did decide to blog about this. YOu know I am always up for any of these three subjects! Love you!

happytew said...

I'm going to watch SICKO tonight! I love his stuff! Good for you for pushing the boundry! Just remember to respect everyone's opinions, as you want them to respect yours... and have fun with it!! Love ya!