Monday, April 30, 2007

Good Friends and Good Food

I think that one of my new favorite weekend activities is dinner with friends. Whether it's out to a restaurant or cooking at someone's house. Last weekend Gary and I went to our friend's Troy and Christine's apartment in Salt Lake. There really is nothing better than good food, good wine and good company.

4 comments:

Miss Megan said...

I agree! I love cooking for my friends. I love having them over, feeding them and playing games or just chatting. It's something that makes me feel important, and I'm all about that right now! I love going to bed on a Friday night and saying to Mike, "We should do that again next weekend. It was fun, wasn't it?" This year I want to start doing backyard hot dog roasts...maybe starting up our old Monday night tradition.

Gardner Family said...

Oohhh there is nothing more fun than b-b-que nights with our neighbors. It's one of my fvaorite things to do here in Hawaii. Our tradition started when electricity went out for a whole day from an earthquake last year. Our neighbors, Dan, and I, all got together and pulled together things that would go bad in the fridge. That is when my love of shrimp began. Ever had grilled shrimp kabobs??? Soooo yummy!

Gardner Family said...

PS - hair question.....Meg said that you do color - My question is ............I want to go blonde..drastic I know...but I really want a complete style change. I am tired of the same old thing. So in the past I went to Brad in Utah where he lightened all my hair then put in caramel blonde highlights...I LOVED it. But now I am stuck in Hawaii not sure what to do. I have dark brown/black hair naturally. My mom is a natural red hed. So I do have a lot of red in my hair. I shy away form red because it makes my freckles "orangey". So I have been trying to go blonde by doing it myself lately...and my hair just keeps getting red...urrgh! So if I go to a salon and I want blonde(not bleached) what do I say to them so I don't look ridiculous?? Help oh wise and noble hair god!

Sarah and Desmond said...

I want to be included in this good food and good wine you guys have going on!