Monday, April 16, 2007

Easter Weekend in Moab





This Was My 9th year to Moab for Easter weekend, and five years for Kelly. This the first time for us to go wheelin' together in Moab. We took the Kane Creek trail and the Moab Rim trail. The Jeep safari seriously clogged up Kane Creek, giving us a 4 hour wait. (traffic, in the desert?) But the Moab Rim was sweetness factor and took its toll on the 'yota! We made it pretty easy up the very difficult trail and even put the rock sliders to good use. The waterfall was our favorite part. We hiked up a canyon above 'Potato Salad' hill, where you cross the river several times along the way. At the top is an amazing waterfall, with a pool of water you can jump into. The water was a little cold but we swam, and lounged in the sun all afternoon. This was one of the best trips to Moab yet!

4 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Hell yeah! Ha ha. You two are hilarious. I love the pictures! Gary your truck driving skills amaze me! Honestly, I could never do something like that (I'm definitely too chicken). Looks like lots of fun! Wish I could have seen the waterfall.

Gardner Family said...

SO jealous! Hey - did you end up finding the guy in the cave??? And I told my hubby Dan about your Moab and truck adventures. he is big time jealous too because - he used to have a jeep wrangler. His plan was to put a lift on the tires and turn it into a crawler! We miss our jeepy! We'll have to get another one and have fun with you guys when we move back there!!

Sarah and Desmond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah and Desmond said...

So that picture with that really cute boy in the bitchin' Yota, I sort of like him a lot! Love you guys. . .