Friday, January 18, 2008

GOALS

I have heard from a few different people & books that writing down your goals is one of the best starts towards achieving them. It's actually worked for me before. So I hope no one minds me posting some of my own new years resolutions just as a little more incentive towards reaching them.

1- GET HEALTHY
Gary and I are planning on doing some big hikes this summer (timpanogos, the pines, etc). I am preparing for this now, by walking up the massive hill above my house, and continuing pilates.

I am also planning more menu's, so we can prepare healthier meals at home rather than eating out.

I am very interested in meditation. I have very high anxiety and stress and I would like to help my head, and jaw ( i clench my teeth a lot) by clearing my thoughts and learning to relax.

I am buying a scale with my next pay check. Lets face it, denial only lasts so long.


2-CAREER
Long term: Make more money than my husband :)

In the now: Continue building my clientelle. I would like to have at least 3 chemical services every day I work. I will achieve this by doing call backs, sending thank you's and starting a better referral program.

Continue my Education by attending every class I can. This will help my confidence with the new product and color.

Up my customer service. I need to treat every client like they are my ONLY client. I want people to remember their experience with me in a positive way and know that I care about them and appreciate them completely.

3-PERSONAL
Not holding grudges. Resentment will kill you and so I am going to let things go. I don't need to carry around negative energy anyway. I can't change people or situations. I can only learn to be a good Christian, to forgive and to forget.

Not letting my emotions take over. This is probably going to be the hardest goal for me. And it is a forever and ongoing goal. But I wanted to write it down anyway. I am going to be well balanced in my head and heart and not let one or the other rule.

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Those are some great goals. It makes me want to be a client of yours. If only more people had your customer service attitude! :)

Glad to see you blogging again.. I hope you don't mind that we check it out....

Sarah and Desmond said...

Great goals Kelly! I wish I was as good as you and could even come up with goals. Yesterday was fun and I love my hair! Thanks so much! Whenever you want to do the shower, is great with me. We are also excited for tomorrow night, give me a call and let me know what time!

Elder Richey said...

I'm so glad you are my sister-in-law. You really are so great. Good luck with all the resolutions. You have no idea how much I wish I lived close enough for you to do my hair. I need a change and finding someone is so hard. I'm planning on making an appointment with you when I'm down in the spring. I think the last time you cut my hair you were still in school. Wow, time zooms by.

Give our love to Gary, Nugget, and Chuck :)

Rich said...

Great goals Kelly! I'll keep trying to send friends and colleagues your way...